3.02.2009

the good and the bad (continued)

the bad:
i got rear-ended today. i had my little sister jenna in the back seat with grey and seeing how hysterical they were was so sad, so scary and i never want to go through that again. my neck and back ache, but whatever, i'll get over it. i was stopped at a light and a big, white work van slammed into us which caused me to push the guy in front of me (who actually had a gun on his passenger seat) into the intersection. we had no warning. no screeching brakes to prepare us for impact. apparently his brakes just weren't up for the task so... BAM. he was so frazzled with his cigarette in hand and he had no idea what to do. my car is fine, just a bumper that's riding low (thank you hitch).

the funny thing about it was that my little sister was SO mad at the guy who hit us. she kept saying, "this is not your fault megan, it's his." then in her rage she mumbled under her breath, "see, this is what happens when you do drugs." WHAT? who said anything about drugs. i guess in her mind, he fit the part. 

oh, and i got a ticket for not having my most current insurance card on me. so i get to go to court. sweet. 

the good:
the bachelor tonight proved to be SO INCREDIBLY STUPID that i never EVER will waste another second watching it. thank you bachelor for making me feel ashamed for investing my time into you. lesson learned. but seriously, are you kidding me? i have never seen anything more contrived and ridiculous. i have officially divorced myself of that show - i am a free woman. 

so... how was your day?

5 comments:

Drew and Tarah said...

1- sorry about your accident! what a bummer! glad everyone is ok though!

2- OH MY GOSH! i am SOOOOO glad you feel the same way. tonight's bachelor was absolute the most ridiculously staged charade of horrible acting I have ever seen! I agree, no more wasted monday nights with that show!! argh!!!

Beth Curtis said...

I am glad everyone is ok. I love the comment about the drugs... classic. I gave up on The Bachelors seasons ago. They never work out anyways.

liz said...

Well I'm at traffic school right now so that's my bad.. And I tried to call you the other day and I didn't get a voicemail so I'm hoping I have your right number! Glad you guys are safe from the accident. Let's talk soon!

Lauren said...

You guys are such models. I love the new banner. Sorry about the accident- glad you, jenna, and grey are ok. and i am glad you thought the bacehelor was as fake as i did- for real? It couldn't have been more staged.

Anonymous said...

You say you are over the Bachelor, but you'll be back! Kirby and I have been watching it. We have limited American programming over here in Spain, so I bought the season pass on ITunes. It's given us something to watch at least.
PS - I'm glad everyone is safe after the accident. And I loved the drugs comment, hilarious!