2.24.2009

the good and the bad

bad:
so last week was not so fun for mr. grey. we got home from california sunday night and he woke up with a fever monday morning. wednesday night we were at the doctor's all night - he spiked a fever of 104.7 and was absolutely miserable. all week, just miserable. talk about breaking a momma's heart. he had to get blood work done and the whole bit. all the tests came back negative. friday he woke up without a temperature, but with a nasty cough. sad boy.
good:
 there is a bright side to this sad story, however. he now takes naps! he's finally a "normal" kid and takes 2 naps a day that are longer than 30-40 minutes. we are talking 2, 2 to 2 1/2 hour naps. i don't know what to do with myself. he gives me that look, and we both know it's time to head to the dark dungeon. we finally caught on that maybe darkening his room would help. thus, the white trash blanket over the window.  love it!

here are some pictures that mike cunningham took while we were down in california. grey's new favorite thing is giving "kisses" or rather, licking your face.
BOYS
grey also stands and claps. he is close to walking, but doesn't fit into any shoes because his feet are so wide. i can't believe in 5 weeks my baby is going to be 1. i love, love, love him and his awesome einstein hair.

7 comments:

Tim and Jennifer said...

Love those pics and kisses! Long naps are the best! Now Kyle is starting to go down to one and I don't know what to do with myself all over again...this time in a bad way. I can't imagine that high of a fever. I'm glad he's better!

Drew and Tarah said...

Looks like Grey and Maddux have a lot in common after all. Maddux also thinks it's polite to lick/make out with people when they ask for kisses. We also spent a large chunk of today at the dr office and then waiting for a prescription due to a nasty cough.

Embrace the naps! It's an amazing thing, nap time! :)

The Bellyakers... said...

Hi Megan!

I'm having a new little one in July. Can you come and photo him and the other kids with him in July? Newborn shots and kids playing with him kind of stuff? I don't have your number or I'd call... but you are amazing!

natalie todd said...

How are ya Megan? Looks like you guys have been having fun. I want to go to Cali (and get those hotdogs). I LOVE all your pics. Man you are so good with the camera. When we have a baby I'm going to book ya!! Grey is absolutely adorable. Prettiest eyes!

And exciting Jeff has decided on dentistry. If it makes you feel any better, dave may be going back to school too to get his masters.

natalie todd said...

How are ya Megan? Looks like you guys have been having fun. I want to go to Cali (and get those hotdogs). I LOVE all your pics. Man you are so good with the camera. When we have a baby I'm going to book ya!! Grey is absolutely adorable. Prettiest eyes!

And exciting Jeff has decided on dentistry. If it makes you feel any better, dave may be going back to school too to get his masters.

kathryn said...

those kisses are awesome/ hilarious! love you guys.

theniufamily said...

Love the open mouth kisses! And Yay for naps. You have made some good posts latley. Thats cool about the 'best job in the world" thing. Which reminds me... are you guys still moving?