Last Wednesday night we packed up the truck and headed out here on Thursday afternoon. We pulled in at around 1:30am, got a couple hours of sleep and started unpacking the Budget truck on Friday. So grateful for the fellow dental students who came to help us unload and so thankful that my parents were here to help. I love my mom for ordering me around and keeping me on task - I was completely overwhelmed with the idea of fitting everything we had in a 2 bedroom/ 1 bathroom apartment. It's like a huge puzzle trying to find a place for everything. But, we did it and it's working (so far).
we made it, but some of our Ikea furniture didn't
Luckily the people who rented our place before we did absolutely destroyed it, so we ended up getting new carpet and new paint throughout. Rowan is now a crawler, so the new carpet makes me happy. Here's just a little glimpse at the apartment. It's coming together and I am trying to make it feel homey. I don't want to move for a very long time! I will post more pictures when it's a little further along.
dining room
working on stenciling a wall in the dining room
Jeff started orientation on Monday and is getting to know his classmates. He is really excited about USC and feels confident that this is the right school for him. I am grateful he is finally doing what he wants to be doing, even if it took him 7 years to get here :)
My dad left Saturday and my mom left last night. It was extremely hard for me to say goodbye and even worse watching them say goodbye to Grey and Rowan. I know I am only 6 hours away, but having them down the street for so long was priceless. Even though I know we are supposed to be here and that our little family needs this, it's still difficult sometimes when I actually process what is going on and what we are doing. But, I know I will make great friends and am looking forward to settling down here for the next 4 years.
That's our last week in a nutshell. Now off to organize, organize & organize!





1 comment:
Yay I'm glad you made it and your house already looks so cute!
Post a Comment