1.07.2011

she's here!

Our little Rowan K. was born on Monday at 3:56pm. She weighed 6 lbs 10 oz and is 19.5 inches long. She is perfect, looks like a dark-haired feminine version of her brother, and is making our lives complete (minus sleep, of course)!

Her middle name is my sister Alyssa's middle name - Alyssa died when she was 18 months old and I have always wanted to name my daughter after her. "K." after both of my grandmothers, Karen & Kathleen.

The night before she was born, Jeff and I were saying prayers with Grey and during the prayer we both started crying knowing it was our last night with just the 3 of us. It was a really emotional night - for some reason we felt excitement but at the same time, that something was going to be taken away from our little family. It's crazy how just the opposite happens and your love just multiplies. I mean, everyone says it, but you can't explain it until you experience it. I love my babies and Rowan is just yummy (if I may say so myself). Here she is on her 3rd day of life.

blog

Thanks for all of your kind thoughts and words and for our hospital visitors :)

11 comments:

Unknown said...

she is absolutely beautiful! Congrats you two!

Drew and Tarah said...

she is so cute! so excited for you. i did the same thing before reese was born. except i wasn't induced, so i had no idea when it would be. almost every night i would tear up thinking about it.

Heath and Gretchen said...

She is beautiful, Megan! I love her name and the meaning behind her middle name! Congratulations!

kat said...

congrats! Beautiful baby, beautiful name.

J & J said...

i love her. love love her.

Ligia said...

I love explanations of the meaning and of why a name is chosen and given. She's beautiful. Why Rowan? Congrats to your lovely little family.

Unknown said...

She is so precious. I love her already...hope you are hanging in there!

Daisha said...

so adorable! I love her hair. Congratulations!

andrea said...

i cried my way through this post... love you rowan k!

Mike and Alecia said...

Congrats!! She is adorable. I love her name!

theniufamily said...

That is the sweetest story about your last night. She is so cute. Congratulations!