8.11.2010

Since I am starting to decorate a new house, I have been looking at design blog after design blog and figuring out how to do this the way I want.

Upon searching blogs, I came across shabbyaddict.

I don't know the girl that runs this blog and I don't know her family, but I just watched a video of her husband coming home from deployment and meeting his daughter for the first time (she was 7 month's pregnant when he left). I am a HUGE fan of Ryan Southwell Films - I WILL have a family video done by him in the future, no doubt about that!

Anyways, he documented their experience and I am now bawling like a little baby. It's so emotional, and I am not blaming this on my pregnancy hormones.

The song
The little girl
The patriotism
He's a dentist in the military (which Jeff often talks about doing)
Amazing
Watch it!

8 comments:

Jennie B. said...

BEAUTIFUL!!! Her home AND the video. Holy cow. The tears were flowing! Thanks for sharing!

Char Archibald said...

Dan Haws is one of my good friends from Santa Barbara. They are such a wonderful family! I love this video too!

Brooke Rane said...

oh my word, that was an incredible movie. i loved it.

Anonymous said...

I was just going to second what Char said, we grew up with Dan...Thanks for sharing I hadn't seen it yet!

liz said...

love that video! glad you found it!

theniufamily said...

Your right, I shouldn't have watch that. I am now leaving for work with tears eveywhere and my makeup all mess up. I loved it though! Thanks for posting it.

Jana said...

Ryan is awesome and SUPER talented. He did our engagement video and we would have had him for our wedding but he was booked :(

what a great video. he captures emotions so well.

Ryan Southwell said...

Wow, it's a small world. Everyone seems to know everyone. Your family looks awesome and I think you really need to do one. Send me an email and let's chat ideas.

Also, you doing the Vegas Ragnar? I see the CA Ragnar got moved further south and we might be looking to do that one too next year. Anyway, thanks for the kind words.